Have Your Special Mexico Wedding Day With Us
The white beaches and azure ocean views of Cala de Mar Resort & Spa Ixtapa create the perfect venue to celebrate with an intimate wedding ceremony or reception held cliffside. The ideal resort for destination weddings or vow renewals in Mexico, we can accommodate events of up to 120 guests. The resort’s secluded and exclusive location also provides the perfect honeymoon hideaway for couples looking for a romantic escape.
Our staff are experts in weddings and will work with you to create the ideal wedding package, from ceremonies defined by the rich heritage of Mexico, to modern, casual beachside affairs. With three on-site restaurants to host your ceremony and reception, intimate affairs are our specialty.
Treat your wedding party to an experience they will never forget, and yourselves to a wedding to remember for a lifetime.
Weddings at a Glance
- Five distinctive wedding venues
- Wedding planner to complete wedding day arrangements, such as table settings, flowers, music, photography
- Customized wedding and catering packages available
- Arrangement of pre-wedding activities, including a spa retreat, sunset cruise, game of golf and more
- Arrangement of after-party and honeymoon details, incorporating activities and dining
- Group rates for wedding guests staying at the hotel
Optional Wedding Inclusions:
No wedding in Ixtapa Zihuatanejo Mexico is complete unless you include several romantic Mexican traditions:
- The music of mariachis, playing at the end of the ceremony or during the reception
- A gift of 13 gold coins from the groom to the bride during the ceremony, symbolizing financial responsibility for the family
- Encircling the couple in a lazo (rope) following the coin ceremony to call attention to their eternal union
- Two bridal bouquets - one for the bride and, in certain Christian ceremonies, one for the Blessed Virgin as an ofrenda (offering) to obtain a blessing on the marriage